Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Week 11: Technology Lesson Plan

Last Friday I used a Powerpoint of a Jeopardy game. I first instructed students that learning new vocabulary will make them better and more interesting writers. We then reviewed the Vocabulary we have been covering in Charlotte's Web by entering in definitions as the "answer" (since Jeopardy questions are actually the answers), and then the answer would show up after the students guessed an answer. I had 4 teams, and a list of all the possible answers on the board. This was an activity that I got really excited about, and the students were really excited about. All the students were engaged in this activity, and all the students had to take responsibility for thinking of the correct vocabulary word when it was their turn to go up to the board. This was a lot of fun, and I think I'll use it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment